I’m posting with a throwaway account for security purposes. Sorry for my english.
I just bought a new house for me to live with my wife and baby and I’m concerned about security.
Please first of all let me provide you with some details about the house:
1) It’s located in a relatively safe neighborhood within a private community with controlled entrance (guards that register all people entering the community). I’m located in a developing country anyway so security is always a concern, no matter where you live.
2) The backyard area is located basically next to an empty hill. Although it provides with a nice view, this area is my weakest point and the area that I would like to secure most. Please see the following picture for you to have an idea where the house is located: https://imgur.com/cEs2k3c
3) In the backyard, you access the house through 2 big sliding windows. Please look at the picture: https://imgur.com/cEDaGra (one for living/dinning room and the other for main room)
4) Hill-facing, we have this and a concrete wall next to that fence: https://imgur.com/HtPXu32
5) Basic floor plan: https://imgur.com/bkqrJTd
Now my requirements, but please feel free to correct me or provide me with better suggestions, as I’m not an expert. You do consider that I’m quite techy/geek.
1) No monthly monitoring service
2) I’m getting into home automation, so any automation-based would be great.
3) Consider that cost-wise, all prices in the US is almost x2 for me where I’m located. So, while I’m willing to spend all necessary to protect my family, consider that cost is a factor.
4) My main goal is not having my family to confront possible thieves. I dont have costly assets that could be stoled and I don-t care about them. I just want to avoid as much as possible having thieves when my family is at home. Consider that the house will be alone for the most part of the day.
5) Tech-wise: I would like:
* Big lights in the backyard that turns on when it detects motion. I think I would also need for the immediate outside of the backyard? where the hill is located.
* Motion sensors
* Sirens. (loud and house-wide)
* The ability to arm and disarm alarm by geo localization and also by doing it manually.
* Protections in the fence and concrete wall
* Security cameras and fake cameras.
* Having the ability to receive messages at iOS when motion is detected or the alarm fires off
* Anything that you would do and recommend if this were your house and you were to protect your family.