[My original post](https://www.reddit.com/r/homesecurity/comments/9rq4k3/i_have_a_newborn_the_house_is_now_a_fort_need/)
I want as many eyes as possible on this. I have no experience here and have no idea what I’m doing, though I feel good about doing something. I’ve gotten myself riled up about this and want my family to be safe and feel safe.
Edit: Original post was shadow removed, here’s what it said. Dangit.
I’ve started beefing things up. Single story house. My aim is to prevent or discourage opportunists and other baddies by making any entry prohibitively long or difficult . I won’t be getting firearms.
What I’ve done so far:
* I’ve placed [Wyze cams](https://www.wyzecam.com/product/wyze-cam-v2/) inside facing all doors and large windows with large ssd cards on continuous record
* [Door reinforcement locks](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2K367Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) for exterior and garage doors – in retrospect I am worried that these will become a fire hazard when the little one can walk but not reach them
* door, frame, jamb, and strike plate [reinforcement](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E9ZGWNQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and much longer wood screws
* Simple locks on back yard gates
* New bulbs for motion lighting in rear driveway
* Loud dog
* Outdoor wyze cams to cover back yard, driveway, and front door exterior
* [Extra window locks](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MR9WTG/?coliid=I2J8FXOHHSPZOJ&colid=18HGT9WU6HXSQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)
* professional window laminating on all windows
* Battery powered [window alarms](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026SZHLG/?coliid=I1TVQZ5TNE8TKB&colid=18HGT9WU6HXSQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)
* Deadbolt [flip guard](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HZD8S8G/?coliid=I38GL1NY1R3RVE&colid=18HGT9WU6HXSQ&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)
This all makes me feel good and warm inside but is piecemeal and the result of several hours of googling rather than anything resembling a comprehensive approach to home protection. If there’s anything here that strikes you as unnecessary, or anything missing, please let me know. It was only after reading another thread about making sure everything is fire safe did I start to rethink things.
Protip: my true crime podcast and book habit is not being very nice to me now, especially I’ll be Gone in the Dark. The things I’ve bought and planned would have slowed that asshole down quite a bit I think.